Massachusetts Boating Accident Lawyers
If you have been injured as a passenger, deckhand, commuter, or weekend sailor on a boat or vessel of any description, contact the Greater Boston boating accident attorneys at Kenney & Conley. Our experience with traffic accidents on the water as well as on the highways can help you achieve the maximum value of your claims.
Our lawyers represent clients injured in both recreational and job related boat accidents involving watercraft ranging in size from jet skis and wave runners to container ships. We handle freshwater accidents on the Charles River and the New Hampshire lakes as well as injuries suffered anywhere off the Massachusetts coast, from Vineyard Sound and Buzzards Bay to Cape Ann.
While maritime professionals are usually aware that the federal admiralty jurisdiction offers better protection to injured persons at sea than Massachusetts negligence law, federal maritime law can sometimes also cover the claims of recreational boaters in navigable waters. In every boating accident case, we make a careful evaluation of your rights to compensation in light of the overlapping state and federal laws in order to give your claim its greatest chance of success.
The boating accident attorneys at Kenney & Conley represent persons injured on the water in such situations as the following:
- Ferry or water taxi accidents
- Sailboat accidents
- Racing shell, wherry, or sculling accidents
- Freshwater or saltwater fishing boat injuries
- Accidents on charter vessels, such as whale watching cruises, harbor tours, or fishing charters
- Injuries suffered by working seamen, pilots, and officers on cargo or container ships
- Injuries suffered by passengers, stewards, crew members, or officers on cruise vessels
- Personal watercraft and water ski accidents
For a free consultation about your right to damages under either Massachusetts personal injury law or federal maritime law in a ship or boat accident case, contact the accident compensation attorneys at Kenney & Conley in Braintree.